Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Xmas to myself

It sucks when you want to get your self a gift but you have to do the work to make it...

I decided the other day that I need to give myself a gift.

I went thru about 10 ideas -  BMX frame? Mountain Bike ? Road Bike ? Unicycle?

Downhill Speed bicycle + Fun = ER visit

Here is the jorney - its got to be quick and on track because the frame table needs to be open for the next project, a crazy track bike for my buddy Jeff.

If the down hill speed bicycle was a math problem it would look like this

30 % BMX + 50 % mountain bike + 20 % crazy concept =  100 % Fun

The concept project was to follow the lines of a 1969 Schwinn Sting Ray but with 26" mountian bike wheels

What wheels you ask?      Crossmax SLR Lefty wheels  --  One sided wheels for extra fun both Front and REAR !!!

I got so pumped, I had to build faster then the camera could catch it

Late night x-mas workshop


How to you get good welds?
Good prep and joints !

Any good work calls for some good wine

No comments:

Post a Comment